At Laleham Gap, we recognise the vital contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all our children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and support for individual children’s basic skills development have a positive influence on the confidence, concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all pupils.
Our Primary School Sports Funding will help us to continue and extend our provision by enabling all of our children access to P.E through a good mastery of basic skills: Core strength, ball skills, balance, tactics and positive attitudes in sport. It facilitates training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions, providing well-resourced and in depth support programs for our children’s often complex needs such as Fizzy and Sensory Circuits.
Primary Schools’ Sports Funding
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary Schools’ Sports Funding page.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits